Rabbit Hole Reviews small press and self-published books. Authors and publishers are welcome to send their publications, either by mail or e-mail. We ask that the book, if already published, be current (within the last calendar year). Our favorite genres are horror, thriller and sci-fi, but we’ll look at anything.
Rabbit Hole Reviews is a side project for Dark Silo Press, a small, independent horror press. We have a vested interest in the success of small press and Indy authors. Because of that interest, we’re willing to spend time reading and reviewing the work of others.
Here’s what you can expect from a review submission:
- We cannot guarantee we’ll review your book. There’s never enough time.
- We cannot guarantee you’ll get a good review. And we won’t print bad reviews.
- If you are requesting a pre-publication review, we’ll let you know whether or not we can meet your deadline.
- We won’t sell your review copy. If we don’t keep the book, we’ll donate it to the library.
- If we review your book, we’ll notify you by e-mail and provide you with a link for your personal marketing purposes.
- If you get a positive review, we’ll post it on Amazon.
If you would like a Rabbit Hole Review, please follow these requests:
- Send us a cover letter with book information (where the book is available, Web links, ISBN, publishing company and a little bit about the author). Be sure to include your contact information.
- If you e-mail us your submission, we prefer a mobi file (Kindle). Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Rabbit Hole Reviews” in the subject line.
- If you mail us a physical copy of the book, send to Rabbit Hole Reviews/6021 Obenchain Rd./Laporte, CO 80535
One last note. We don’t expect to make any money on this project. But if you’re inclined to make a small donation, there’s a Paypal button below to help you do so. Donations will not affect your chance of getting a review, nor will it affect the review itself. We wrestled with this issue for a while. Some review sites charge for reviews (we found prices ranging from $17 to $425). We didn’t want to do that. A donation button seemed like reasonable middle ground. If you agree, consider sending us a few bucks. Thank you.